Project Manager (IT)
Basic Job Information
Insurance Job Function: IT/Technical/Engineering »
Project Management Business Department: IT Career Level: Mid Career – Managerial Job Type: Permanent Salary Range: from ￥ 8M to ￥ 10M Bonus / Incensive: Negotiable Reporting to: Head of IT Solution Delivery Location: Tokyo (23 Wards)
Ensure OTOBOS (On time, on budget, on scope) delivery of software development and/or infrastructure projects, thereby, realize the maximum business return on IT investment by achieving the followings:
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff both internal and external
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Track project status and deliverables
- Manage risks in project delivery, plan and apply appropriate counter-measures
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Present reports describing project progress, problems, and solutions
- Act as a conduit between IT, PMO, and the business
- Extensive understanding of the financial and/or insurance business and related technology needs, a specific knowledge on Direct model or Call Center model is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
- Japanese is the working language in the company. English is also required for local and transversal communication.
- Demonstrable skills, in-depth experience and understanding of project management, software development and/or infrastructure build, IT development and/or service management processes (e.g., software development life cycle, ITIL), based on five or more years of service in Information Technology or adjacent areas.
- Ability to understand critical factors or trade-offs to make reasonable decisions and to mobilize different groups in the enterprise through convincing communication.
- Extensive verbal and writing communication skills in the fore-mentioned languages.